Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer keeps crashing

gbman
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Eddie903
Level 4

Under alerts when you open the program I believe they address this issue, don't recall exactly what they recommended, but if you haven't viewed them you should find the link. 

0 Cheers
Level 2

performed steps in alerts for this crash issue, it didn't work. good luck. I must sign in to proseries 20 x a day.

0 Cheers
IRACPA4U
Level 3

Same here!  Signing in atleast 6 times per day MINIMUM!!  I have done those steps 3 times!  I am about at the end of my rope with PROSERIES!😡

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

Employee

I'm sorry for the frustration. 

We know that some users have entered this state by way of an update partially failing (some of the files get updated; some don't because they are locked).  We think we've figured out why that happens in most cases and will have a fix soon. To get back into a stable state,

• Restart your machine
  • Go to the Start Menu and Choose ProSeries 2020 -> Tools Repair Updates

If you've done that and it's still failing, then we need help isolating why this is happening.

If you get a dialog titled "ProSeries Crash Feedback", just enter "For Orlando" from your userId here, provide as much detail as you can in terms of what you where doing at the time it shut down and submit.

If it's just shutting down without any dialog, reopen ProSeries, choose Help -> Send Logs, and email the resulting .zip file (saved to your desktop) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com.  Then we'll provide further questions and instructions there.

Have you emailed the log file to Intuit?

IRonMaN
Level 15

0 Cheers
beylal
Level 2

Here also!  I have restarted and performed updates 3 times also and have signed in 5 times already today!

0 Cheers
clr600
Level 8

Twenty time just since 10am

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

I've only had 1 so far today.

0 Cheers