Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients who don't have (and don't need) CT Tax Registration Numbers

No one
Level 1

I have several small LLC clients who flip houses and/or buy and rent single family homes.  They don't need a CT Tax Registration Number to do these activities.  ProSeries REQUIRES that a CT Tax Reg Number be entered or you get an error message.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a work-around?  Enter all zeroes?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
brenda4672
Level 3

Unfortunately if they are operating an LLC in Connecticut they do have to have a tax ID and pay business entity taxes as well.

0 Cheers
No one
Level 1

No, Business Entity Tax no longer exists.  I called and spoke to a DRS employee today and verified that these LLCs do NOT need CT Tax Registration Numbers.  I'm going to enter 10 zeroes in the field for the CT Tax Registration Number and see if it'll let me e-file.

0 Cheers
Joe61
Level 1

My Question is why would they not need a ID# for CT, LLC ?

Single or Partnership,  Pass-Through Entity Tax

0 Cheers
No one
Level 1

Partnership.  They don't engage in any activities subject to sales tax.  They have no employees.  You use the Federal Tax ID to pay the PE Tax (it says so right on the website).  There is no longer a Business Entity Tax.  The question arose this year because I'm getting an error message in ProSeries for NOT entering a CT Tax Registration Number.  I've been able to file in prior years without the number.  Like I said, I spoke to a DRS rep and they confirmed that clients of this type (two people who jointly own a rental property) do NOT need a CT Tax Reg #.

0 Cheers
Yvonne
Level 2

My clients have same situation like yours, they don't need tax registration number. Did you try put all zero and  What happen? 

For business entity tax, are you sure there is no more. I was reading the instruction on their department of revenue, it still said every other year LLC needs to pay $250. 

LI 

0 Cheers