Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client sold vacation home in WV with a capital gain, resides in Maryland, how to file in WV non-resident forms, they keep getting rejected due to Schedule A problem? I need help

BCTC
Level 2

I have never filed a WV non resident tax return and I seem to be having difficulty doing so.  The electronic error states "can not be processed due to Schedule A Nonresidents/Part Year Residents schedule, ----Must include WV Income Tax withheld Amount"  This is a sale of property with sales tax.  I have entered everything and still get this error, not sure what mistake I am making, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

West Virginia has been a pain when it comes to this situation.  Your client should mail in a paper return, attach the WV WV/NRSR with it. Even if you're successful in e-filing WV Dept of Revenue will still reject it later and send out a letter requesting the WV/NRSR and further proof of the sale.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
dascpa
Level 11

West Virginia has been a pain when it comes to this situation.  Your client should mail in a paper return, attach the WV WV/NRSR with it. Even if you're successful in e-filing WV Dept of Revenue will still reject it later and send out a letter requesting the WV/NRSR and further proof of the sale.

PATAX
Level 15

good advice from das .. If you have problems that prevent you from e-filing that state return.. Then ask the client if they wish to mail it if they want to.. Then you can attach whatever you want to the return ....Just my opinion