Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client letter not being generated after today's update.

caminatr
Level 3

Today's version is wPro.2019.04.00.27

Prior to today, client letter was printing just fine.  Updated the program, and the form is no longer being generated.  In the settings, it is still supposed to be getting generated, it's just not.

Windows 10 Pro. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

I just checked with support and it doesn't seem like we're getting any calls about this, from what I can tell. 

Perhaps you got a bad update, try refreshing your updates to do this, from within the program go to Updates -> Refresh Updates. This option will ‘drain’ existing updates and force ProSeries to refresh its updates (based on installed tax products).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, let me know and I'll get in touch with support. 

P.S. Lisa we do communicate pretty frequently about trending issues. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you Print preview, can you see it or is it totally missing?

If you choose Tools > Letters > Manage Standard Letters > View does it show up?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

i'm skeered to update...…..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
caminatr
Level 3

Totally missing.

0 Cheers
caminatr
Level 3

The window that pops up has no info in it.

On my 2018 and earlier products, the standard letter shows up just fine.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw someone over in the Facebook ProSeries group mention that the 1065 K1 recipient letter wasnt printing...I wonder if the issues are related....hmmmm

I didnt update here at the office this morning, I updated at home on Sunday, but I didnt check the letters at all.

@IntuitAustin have you heard anything from phone support about people calling in on this?

(do they pass that kind of info to you at all?)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

I just checked with support and it doesn't seem like we're getting any calls about this, from what I can tell. 

Perhaps you got a bad update, try refreshing your updates to do this, from within the program go to Updates -> Refresh Updates. This option will ‘drain’ existing updates and force ProSeries to refresh its updates (based on installed tax products).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, let me know and I'll get in touch with support. 

P.S. Lisa we do communicate pretty frequently about trending issues. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

NM

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
caminatr
Level 3

Hi Austin,

I am pleased to report that the standard client letter is once again being generated.

Thank you.

Cam

SEBCPA
Level 1

So I am having the same problem.  Was working fine on Thursday and today the letter shows in the preview but doesn't print.  I refreshed updates as suggested above.  How did caminatr solve this issue?

0 Cheers
SEBCPA
Level 1

I am having the same problem.  The letter is in the print preview but is not printing.  It was working fine on Wednesday/Thursday.  I did the update refresh as suggested but still nothing. 

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration. First, the latest version is wPro.2020.07.00.18.  Can you confirm you are on that, via Help -> About, Version?

Second, can you specify..

- Are you printing via "Print Selected Forms"-> Letters Only?

- What happens when you hit the print button? Nothing? Or do you you get the print confirmation dialog, but nothing outputs to the print? If so what does the print confirmation dialog say?

- Can you try printing to file? (Choose Print, Check File (PDF))

0 Cheers
SEBCPA
Level 1

Yes, that is the version I currently have. 

I have tried to print selected forms, letters only as well as the entire tax return.  When I hit the print button for selected forms there is a very quick flash but I can't read it.  When I print the entire return, I get the normal printing confirmation box and the return itself will print but not the letter.

When I print the full return to a PDF, I get the entire return and the letter.  But if I try to print just the letter to a PDF, I get that quick flash again and then nothing for a PDF.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hmm, i haven't encountered this before. Could you choose Help -> Send Logs, and email the resulting zip file (saved to your desktop) to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?  Hopefully something in there can help me figure out why that is happening.

0 Cheers
SEBCPA
Level 1

I'm getting a message that says "there was an error creating the zip file"

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

That might be related to the underlying issue.  Do you have any sort of anti-virus like Avast that is possibly blocking proseries from writing to the desktop?

Could you email the following files to proseries_engineering@intuit.com (just as an attachment)

- [installation directory]\32bit\proseries.txt

- [installation directory]\appdata\PrintLog.log

Where [installation directory] is wherever you installed proseries to (probably C:\ProWin20 or C:\BasWin20)

0 Cheers
SEBCPA
Level 1

For now I am printing to a PDF and then sending to the printer.  It is a work around and takes a bit longer but at least I can keep moving.  My IT guy said Microsoft forced an update to my computer at the end of last week.  He is going to look into that as a possible reason for this sudden problem in Proseries.  

0 Cheers
SEBCPA
Level 1

Hi Orlando, this is Scott, Susan's "IT guy".  I'm sending you the files you asked for via email you indicated.  I was able to find the printlog.log but not the proseries.txt file where you indicated, I found it under /32bit/logs and also found 3 other versions of it?

After Win10 pro did a forced update, Susan had issues with her printer working.  I re-established the print driver and it's working fine for everything else.  Is there a specific type of driver required for printing the cover letter vs the fed forms?  Postscript for example?  I'm available to screen share this afternoon if someone wants to take a look at her setup.  Please advise, thank you!  Scott

0 Cheers