Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Checklist Formatting

nosuchthing
Level 3

When creating the letter the spacing jumps around and is not consistent.

When I save to all clients the formatting goes to a paragraph, it loses it's line spacing and when e-mailing doesn't look like what I was seeing the program.

We've been trying to resolve this for several years and this year we are having trouble with our previous year's work around.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
qbteachmt
Level 15

You also posted as ProConnect. Which Software are you in fact using?

And reporting Bugs would be Submitted for Review, not to the peer Community, but one of these:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/605

or;

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
nosuchthing
Level 3

On the post you're referring to I mentioned that I posted in the wrong forum and why. I'm posting here as directed by support.

As it's a user interface issue I'm asking the community if anyone has experienced it.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Yes in the other post, support guided you to the wrong place. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

Is where programming or form problems are posted. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you forward an example email to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?  Also a screenshot of what you are seeing in the product would be helpful too.

nosuchthing
Level 3

Yes thank you Orlando - working on this for you.

0 Cheers
nosuchthing
Level 3

I've sent an email with some screenshots as well as a video example.

Thank you!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@nosuchthing Orlando is an Intuit Engineer and is about the only Intuit employee who frequents this forum and looks into these things. You got lucky posting here.

Welcome to our zoo.

Ex-AllStar
nosuchthing
Level 3

Thank you for the welcome!

I should have participated here long ago but here I am! 

Thanks again.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

The immediate high priority issue of losing line breaks has been addressed for our next release, which should be Jan 6th. There's still some funkiness/annoyance with the editor and spaces, but that might have to wait til the spring. It's using some old Microsoft Internet Explorer technology - we need to migrate the whole thing to something newer so that it's more reliable.  If we're there, it's a good time to opportunistically improve the experience if it needs it.. so if anyone has suggestions for the Client Checklist editor, now is a good time to add them to the Tax Idea Exchange.

nosuchthing
Level 3

Thank you for helping this client Orlando - she's having a particularly rough year (Three of her children's family have cancer treatments) all under 30s...

You were a rockstar at the perfect time - thank you.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@nosuchthing 

"so if anyone has suggestions for the Client Checklist editor, now is a good time to add them to the Tax Idea Exchange."

I don't see that you took the recommendation to post here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

Make sure to follow up, since Orlando is watching for Ideas and Votes.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
nosuchthing
Level 3

I visited the link twice when directed and did not comprehend what I was to do.

My direction was from support and in doing so the result was a multi-year issue was solved as well as progress on the product which will help others.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

It's all good - my team and i see submissions in both places. For legitimate problems I don't need votes - we want to fix anything we can.   Votes are helpful though for enhancement requests.

Specific to Client Checklist, I know there's still some spacing issues with those edit boxes. We'll try to solve those too, but it might require a wholesale upgrade in technology. While there, it's an opportunity to address any longstanding wishes someone might have. That's where Idea Exchange is particularly useful.. for example, "it'd be great if Client Checklist supported spell check" or something like that.