Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking efin returns filed with irs

bandb
Level 3

I am new to EFIN with Pro Series. Do you go to IRS website to see if fraudulent returns using your EFIN have been filed? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

No.  In the EF HomeBase of ProSeries you will download the e-file acknowledgements. If approved Fed/State, nothing to worry about.  If rejected you will read the rejection information. If a duplicate SSN was used it will tell you.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Are you asking how to see if someone is using your EFIN to file returns?    Interesting question to ask.....

if you feel there is hanky panky happening with your EFIN, you probably should contact  TIGTA.

You can check in e-Services for number of returns filed under your EFIN.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, you have that ability to do so at the IRS website.

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/how-to-maintain-monitor-and-protect-your-efin

bandb
Level 3

Hi: Is an e-Services account different than the IRS account that I created when I applied for my EFIN? Am having difficulty with the paragraph" Monitoring your EFIN ". Thanks