Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charitable Contributions

garrettdanes
Level 1

Where do I enter the adjustment to income for the new charitable contributions if taking the standard deduction?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IL-Tax-Pro
Level 3

In ProSeries Professional, go to 1040/1040SR Worksheet

Go to line 10a which may have Cash Contributions from 1040 Schedule A

On line 10b Enter the Cash Contributions, subject to the $300 limit ($150 if Married, Filing Separately)

CURRENTLY, ProSeries does not do this calculation automatically.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
taxesrme
Level 2

fIf you click on line 10A on the front of the 1040 it will open and allow the entry. Thats the only way I see right now

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Enter it first into Schedule A and then if they use the Std deduction, show it under adjustments to income. Line 10 (i think).

IL-Tax-Pro
Level 3

In ProSeries Professional, go to 1040/1040SR Worksheet

Go to line 10a which may have Cash Contributions from 1040 Schedule A

On line 10b Enter the Cash Contributions, subject to the $300 limit ($150 if Married, Filing Separately)

CURRENTLY, ProSeries does not do this calculation automatically.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

You can enter the total on Schedule A, but if they don't itemize you have to enter $300 on line 10b of 1040.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Geni
Level 2

That may have worked in the 2020 program but that little check box is not included in the 2021 Lacerte program.  I called and got someone who didn't have a clue about why I was asking, said she only handled trouble shooting.  Well, this can be trouble.

0 Cheers