Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Asset Entry to different classification

Goforbroke2025
Level 1

Good morning, need to change Asset Entry classification from Sch A Misc to Sch E worksheet.  When I go to Forms then Change Activity then Type of Activity then specific Sch E Worksheet, nothing happens.  

Why is it not executing change?

Thanks in advance!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Accountant-Man
Level 12

It worked for me from Sch C to E.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Goforbroke2025
Level 1

Thanks so much for your response.  Just set-up a "test" asset and was able to transfer it back and forth between Sch C and Sch E, but it will not let me transfer any assets from Sch A Misc.

Just switched from ATX to Pro Series this year and when they converted the tax files, any individual that owned rental property got converted as a Sch A item rather than correctly going to Sch E.

Am having to transfer all of the Sch Misc assets back to Sch E, but software will not allow it for some reason.  Will discuss with tech support tomorrow when they reopen.

Best to you.

0 Cheers
me112233
Level 4

I inadvertently linked an asset to Form 2106 upon initial input, and proseries won't let me change it to Schedule F.  No idea why.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

It seems to be a bug in the software.  There was another post with same problem.   I recreated same situation and tried to no avail.   You can change from C to C, C to F,  F to C, E to F,   etc  but not from 2106 to anywhere else.   You will need to manually re-enter.       

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
0 Cheers
me112233
Level 4

I did that already.  Seems that more and more glitches are in the software.  Sometimes, it makes outright errors, like putting a correct calculation on the wrong line.  Or not flowing through numbers from one form to another.  In example, Schedule M on Kentucky doesn't automatically include the $300 charitable contribution figure from the 1040.

0 Cheers