Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change tax payment date

Bob21
Level 1

how do i change a tax payment date in the system to 7/15/20 and still e-file

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You cant.  Give the client a 1040V payment voucher or they can pay on the IRS website closer to July.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
lincolnshire
Level 1

Does this mean proseries won't change the due date to 7/15/20 in the software?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

At this time, no. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS would need to reprogram their MeF system before Intuit could change their programming....I wouldnt expect that to happen anytime soon.

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

Just-Lisa-Now:  DISREGARD---I was typing while other messages were coming in.....you say you can't, are you saying that ProSeries has no plans to allow for this?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Again,   IRS would need to reprogram their MeF system before Intuit could change their programming....I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

As of now, the funds will be pulled 4/15.

If you patiently wait, the program will be updated to ALLOW withdrawal on 7/15. 

Patience in this time of crisis is a valuable commodity. Use some of it now. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

Thanks George4Tacks, I appreciate your comment.  I have lots of patience, some clients not so much!  

Thanks

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Tell them to shelter in plan.

0 Cheers
tax456
Level 4

Just-Lisa-Now:  thanks again

0 Cheers
Steve O
Level 1

One of my CPA friends uses UTRA TAX and they have fixed the due date issue so you can put in 7/15.  Please tell me Proseries has a fix for this as well.  Blaming it on the IRS doesn't seem appropriate to me.  This software is not cheap so if it is a cost factor there should be no issue in my mind.

Thanks in advance

George4Tacks
Level 15
There are many software packages out there. Some may update a day or two ahead of the others. That is what creates free enterprise.
BTW IRS is not the problem. Congress and a Director of the Treasury that makes ill informed announces are much more to blame. Regardless - hang in there and the software will be update in due time.

0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7

If you check the little box to disable error checking, the returns can be sent with a debit date of 7/15.  This was enabled a couple of days after you posted this question.  

tax456
Level 4

thanks, I did see the update on 3/25 regarding 1040V.   

Will this change also change payment dates for first and second quarter ES Vouchers also that are electronically withdrawn from bank account?

0 Cheers