Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet

psaund9860
Level 3

Does anyone use the Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet?   I Called Proseries  looking for the Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet to enter data from several vacation home sales for 2020.    Was told it would be in the update of 1/14/21.   It was not.  I called again and the rep could not find any past or future update information about this form.  Anyone have info about his?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like you just use the 1099B worksheet, scroll down past all the brokerage info junk to the data entry lines that resemble Sch D of past years.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like you just use the 1099B worksheet, scroll down past all the brokerage info junk to the data entry lines that resemble Sch D of past years.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

Looks like this shinny new input sheet is attracting a lot of attention this season.  Intuit must be proud that the hard work they put in is being noticed and recognized. /s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

The words "new" and "Intuit" are very scary when they are put together in a sentence.  Nothing good ever seems to come from that combination.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@IRonMaN  If it makes anyone feel better, the word "new" is not in the same sentence as "Intuit", at least in my response. 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's splitting hairs ------------------- it is still on the same line 😱

Slava Ukraini!
psaund9860
Level 3

Thanks Lisa....It will work, but the worksheet was a big help.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@psaund9860  You just enter the sale of condo on 1099B worksheet. Enter it just like it were a stock transaction, and check box basis not reported, and box not reported on 1099B, and leave 8949 box blank.

The program will auto populate a 8949 for each item you enter that you leave the box 8949 box blank on the 1099B worksheet.

I think once everyone gets used to working the new format they will end up liking it, but it takes some getting used to (especially for us old guys 😁 

milkman
Level 3

I liked the old form better.  But, who cares. I'm an old guy on the way out

snappy
Level 3

This Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet has been key to my successful prior tax year entries of ESPP and RSU and ISO employee stock sales to reconcile properly on the Employer Stock Compensation worksheet.

Now I am uncertain how I will make adjustments to what is being reported on the 1099-B as I had an entry flow for the past 10 years using the CGTW.

Help!

0 Cheers
snappy
Level 3

UPDATE:

I was able to get to the Adjustments Worksheet where there is a check box for employee stock sales requiring adjustment in Part III.  Then you can quick zoom to the Employee Stock Transaction Worksheet and low and behold, it balances!

dkelley
Level 2

I stumbled across this the other day and I think I found what we are all looking for.... Go to schedule D, click on the quickzoom to 1099B entry and from there, if you double click on the cost basis box it will drill down to another page for ESPP, ISO, Properties, etc.  Feels like it shouldn't be so hard to find.

Anne-T
Level 3

I agree, the company stock sales is VERY messed up. I have been calling about the messed up way I have to go about doing what has always worked smoothly in the past. Their first mistake is there is NO link to the Employee Stock transaction worksheet and the intermittent sheet that you used to but the name of the stock/company on and stuff is not even in the program anymore! I put the name on the 1099B sheet and link it to the Employee Stock worksheet and it still does not recognize it's Company Stock! and it crease permanent errors when I put a Vested dates into the worksheet! The dumb assistants that pick-up the phone that can't even talk to the programmers-they keep saying the problems are known and being worked on put the same errors are happening that were happening more than 2 months ago!

Nothing works right for ESPP, RSU or ISO Employee Stock Sales! I can't input on the Employee Stock Transaction sheet AND they do not reconcile to the Employee Stock Compensation worksheet!

The IRS AND Intuit need to hire more people! And hire smart people that can fix things that were working fine before so they work again!

0 Cheers
Anne-T
Level 3

I have yet to find any box like that that works right!

0 Cheers