Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant print NY State Returns

violajr
Level 3

Proseries will not allow me to print the NY or PA State tax return to let me clients review the return because it says that the forms have not been finalized yet.  

WTF.  This has never been the case in past years.  Let me print the return so my clients can reivew them  I understand that I cant efile it yet but let me at least print it. 

ALso when I look at the NY State release dates on line here https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

it says that all the forms are ready.  So why not let me print?  This is huge productivity waste.  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
SDJayhawk
Employee
Employee

There is another release planned for New York later this week, hence the 01/29/2021 final date.  You should see all forms final by Saturday.

Pennsylvania still has forms that are not final.  If you have any of these non-final forms in your return, you will not be able to print the return.   The release date to complete the final forms is 02/11/2021 per the Release Date information.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Can't print NJ or CA either. Complaining won't help. We have to wait.

[Update-NJ prints, but CA is still not printing.]

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just saw this in another group, I dont have the link to the actual site, but NY preparers may want to go looking

New York State Hits Pause On All Individual Filings
The New York State Department of Taxation has directed tax preparers to temporarily refrain from filing any New York state individual tax returns while it performs additional testing for recently implemented tax law changes. At the state’s direction, we have updated the software to pause New York e-file. We will release a subsequent update to enable e-file as soon as New York is ready to accept returns again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
violajr
Level 3

That is nice and all but that is not my issue.  The issue is that I can not print the return to send to the client for initial review.  Understand the hold but Proseries has all forma marked as finial and approved but will not let us print.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

In prior years if the form was not ready to efile you could still print the return for client review. I just had NY not print as IT-196 says not ready. I already told the client it could not be e-filed until the 2/12 but I wanted to give her a copy to review. This printing issue should be address by intuit.

0 Cheers
Sandy5
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  It says that it can be efiled but not printed.  I am sorry, but without providing a complete copy of the tax return to my client for approval, I can not efile it.  This is extremely bad for business.

TAXOH
Level 11

Agree.  I can't print Ohio either.  

0 Cheers
sasompo11
Level 1

Not NJ S-Corps

0 Cheers
Tax-Time
Level 3

Have you gotten a fix for the OH printing issue yet?  I'm working around it with PDF generation but I'd love a real fix.

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

What issue are you having with Ohio?  I have been printing them since February 11th.

0 Cheers
Tax-Time
Level 3

When I print a filing copy, the federal return prints but state and municipal returns do not.  Printing individual state or municipal forms fails as well; I can see the job hit the printer queue but nothing prints.  Printing to PDF first works but is time consuming for me as I'm now handling printing for our entire office.

I can print full returns for prior years so it's not a driver issue.  I'm befuddled.

TAXOH
Level 11

And there are no errors in the state or local?

0 Cheers
Tax-Time
Level 3

No errors.  Should be working from what I can see.

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

Sorry but I don't know what else could be causing it to do that.

0 Cheers