Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Transmit: "Proseries has detected a system change that invalidates the converted contents

Angie319
Level 2

Tax returns will not transmit.

It's telling me to "reconvert".  I have re-converted...and rebooted...and updated the software;  I am stuck.

(And, I did undo that Windows Security update to fix the printing problem the other day.  But, this error just started today.)

What do I do?

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angie319 , could you try refreshing updates, and then reconverting to see if that resolves the issue?

1. Click on the Windows Start button in the lower-right portion of the screen.
  2. In the Search field, type "Repair Updates".
    • If you're refreshing updates for tax year 2018 or prior ProSeries, type "ProSeries Refresh Updates", instead.
  3. From the results, select the Tools - Repair Updates option (or ProSeries Refresh Updates) for the relevant tax year. 

excerpt from https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/how-to-refresh-proseries-updates/00/514...

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angie319 , could you try refreshing updates, and then reconverting to see if that resolves the issue?

1. Click on the Windows Start button in the lower-right portion of the screen.
  2. In the Search field, type "Repair Updates".
    • If you're refreshing updates for tax year 2018 or prior ProSeries, type "ProSeries Refresh Updates", instead.
  3. From the results, select the Tools - Repair Updates option (or ProSeries Refresh Updates) for the relevant tax year. 

excerpt from https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/update-products/help/how-to-refresh-proseries-updates/00/514...

0 Cheers
Angie319
Level 2

Oh, my gosh, that worked.  It looked like a lot of updates or one big update was stuck there and needed refreshing.  

THANK YOU!

Angie

Matt C
Employee
Employee

I'm glad that worked! Sorry for the frustration, and thank you for your patience.

0 Cheers
emynes
Level 1

This error continues to happen even tough we have run the repair tools and updates.  What gives?  We have many extensions to file.

0 Cheers
ppeligri
Level 2

Their software sucks.  I go thru this every time I need to submit multiple returns.  This has happened for years. I think it's time to find new software.  Intuit only cares about getting that renewal money and doesn't spend it on making their software any better.  Same garbage for years.

0 Cheers