Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Save Edited Copies of Link Templates?

Banausic
Level 1

I tried to update my Link templates with the questions and document wording that I prefer, and after spending all the time to do so, the "SAVE" button doesn't save and I receive no error messages. I just wasted a ton of time trying to save myself a bunch of time. What did I do wrong?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

It is working properly for me.  I was able to copy the sample templates, give it a new name, make my own edits and additions, save the new template under the new name, see the new customized template above the Intuit samples, and select the custom template for clients.

If you hit the Save button but nothing happened, it is most likely a problem caused by your browser.  Do the following and give that another try:

• Make sure you are using an Intuit Link-supported browser;
  • Clear your cache and cookies;
  • Close your browser;
  • Restart your computer or device;
  • Open an Intuit Link-supported browser in incognito mode;
  • Repeat the process of customizing the template but start with one or two minor changes only to test that it functions properly; and
  • Complete the customization and save the file.

If the above still doesn't work, try another browser or computer/device but always access Intuit Link only in incognito mode as that helps you avoid the most common problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

It is working properly for me.  I was able to copy the sample templates, give it a new name, make my own edits and additions, save the new template under the new name, see the new customized template above the Intuit samples, and select the custom template for clients.

If you hit the Save button but nothing happened, it is most likely a problem caused by your browser.  Do the following and give that another try:

• Make sure you are using an Intuit Link-supported browser;
  • Clear your cache and cookies;
  • Close your browser;
  • Restart your computer or device;
  • Open an Intuit Link-supported browser in incognito mode;
  • Repeat the process of customizing the template but start with one or two minor changes only to test that it functions properly; and
  • Complete the customization and save the file.

If the above still doesn't work, try another browser or computer/device but always access Intuit Link only in incognito mode as that helps you avoid the most common problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Banausic
Level 1

Thank you -- I had done everything just as you'd written, but I guess my Chrome browser was locked up. An incognito tab did the trick. I didn't have this problem last year so I was....annoyed 🙂

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @Banausic. Glad you have that resolved.  PTO and Intuit Link are a bit temperamental; opening these in Incognito mode could help avoid some of the common issues.  Cheers!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
JenniferK
Level 1

I'm having the same issue, but it appears that it wants something filled in for "Documents" even though I'm just wanting to add a question in the "Questionnaire" section.  If I type something in "Documents", then the SAVE button becomes active. 

0 Cheers
Banausic
Level 1

Save a copy of the stock-issued ProConnect template you want to edit as your own, then edit the copy you made, and use THAT as your official Link Portal template.

0 Cheers