Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Print Client Presentation Letter

JPW
Level 1

In the 2020 Pro Series I cannot print the Client Presentation Letter. I am also now not able to print the  Client Presentation Letter for previous years that I was always able to do. I keep getting an error that I need a version of Excel later the 2003. My version of Excel is the most current. I spent over 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a Pro Series tech yesterday. Noting was resolved. 

Any suggestions?

John

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Each presentation is generated from a single excel template file we deploy. What happens if you double click on it in File Explorer?  If you don't have it, but do have th ExcelPresentation.xls.bak.. open Excel, and then Open that one.

I have seen cases where Microsoft decides to "protect" the excel file - it'll have a big red "Protected View" across the bar.  If that's happening we'll need to figure out how to remove that. I can look into it if you confirm.

2021-02-13_12-42-07.png

0 Cheers
JPW
Level 1

Look into it please. It will still not print the Client Presentation Letter.

Thanks,

JPW,

0 Cheers
moyboy
Level 1

Open a client return and go to the TOOLS menu, print with return check which type of file you want the letter you want to print with.  I had the same problem as you, now it is working.

0 Cheers
BKB
Level 1

I had recently updated to Office 365 and found I could no longer print or view the Client Presentation.  What I did to fix it was to go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features, Microsoft 365 Apps for business - en-us (or whatever the name is for your version of Microsoft Office), right click on it, select "Change."  Choose "Quick Repair" and then click on "Repair."  After I did that, I was able to view the Client Presentation from within ProSeries and print it as well.  

0 Cheers