Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we save client's supportive documentation within Proseries

Ochumare
Level 3

Hello guys;   I am working with Proseries Basic and Professional for TY 2020.   In the past, have always printed and saved all documents in big huge binders and kept it for years.  I am trying to go green, starting this year. 

My question is;   Can we save or upload supportive documentation into each of the customer's files within the system?     

If not, will love any suggestions from you guys on your methods to accomplish this.  How do you save client's supporting documentation so you don't have to print them?  

Thanks in advance

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
athaureaux6
Level 8

Just get a nice high speed scanner and create a folder for every tax year. I create a fold named for ex: TAXYEAR 2020, inside you create subfolders for the 4 months of the tax season, then in each month you create blank subfolders, when the client comes you name the subfolder according to the client's last name or whatever is best for you. I particularly use a highspeed scanner from Fujitzu Scan Snap s1500 that I saw in doctor's offices years ago. This model might be old but check that company Fujitzu, it is incredible what they do but they are expensive but in my opinion, it is worth the price, it scans everything you throw in there including, licenses, cards, and double side. and they also have a very interactive software that allows to do many things. I just bought  an used one in ebay just to have an extra for 100 and it works just fine. And everything is scanned and saved in full color, like the original document. Good luck. 

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Saving documents as in what the client brings you that you use to prepare the return?

I just use a scanner, as I enter the docs into the program, I double check my entries with a red checkmark on the doc,  then it gets loaded into my scanner. 

When Ive entered everyting and finalized the return, I hit the button and scan the whole stack into 1 PDF for the client, give it  a name like  JonesMike2020 and save it to a ClientDocs folder on my harddrive.

ProSeries doesnt have a way to save them within the program itself.

OR do you mean the actual client tax file?   You can print that to PDF (you should see that option in your print window) and it will store it in the ProPDF folder on your C drive.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I have also been as paperless as I can for several years. Every document gets scanned and returned to the client. 

But nothing to do with Pro Series.  I have folders on my server. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
athaureaux6
Level 8

Just get a nice high speed scanner and create a folder for every tax year. I create a fold named for ex: TAXYEAR 2020, inside you create subfolders for the 4 months of the tax season, then in each month you create blank subfolders, when the client comes you name the subfolder according to the client's last name or whatever is best for you. I particularly use a highspeed scanner from Fujitzu Scan Snap s1500 that I saw in doctor's offices years ago. This model might be old but check that company Fujitzu, it is incredible what they do but they are expensive but in my opinion, it is worth the price, it scans everything you throw in there including, licenses, cards, and double side. and they also have a very interactive software that allows to do many things. I just bought  an used one in ebay just to have an extra for 100 and it works just fine. And everything is scanned and saved in full color, like the original document. Good luck. 

Ochumare
Level 3

Thank you guys for the great recommendations and feedback.  Much appreciate it.

0 Cheers
Ochumare
Level 3

Thank you for the great recommendations and feedback.  Much appreciate it.

0 Cheers