Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add a new section to the forum?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Evidently having a little fun in this place is not permitted, so can we add a "fun" tab ------ you know, a place where we can still answer questions but not have to have starch added to our collars so that we can be completely serious.  Intuit doesn't want the doors locked, but yet they can lock a post when we evidently start having a little fun.  

Exhibit A:

Re: Stimulas deposit - Intuit Accountants Community

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Obi-Wan - are you inviting Austin to dinner with you since he was the one that accepted your answer as the solution?  It's a good thing that he was able to read Rick62's mind and know that was the answer he was looking for.  

To point out once again the stupidity of how the "solutions" work, I have deemed that this post has solved all of my problems.  Thanks to everyone for helping me out with a perplexing issue.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

28 Comments 28
Camp1040
Level 10

Did you get in trouble again?😒

sjrcpa
Level 15

Geez, that was pretty benign.

Some other forums I visit have:

Penalty Free Zone

Rants & Raves

Rec Room

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Hmmm  - guess I better go check my emails for one yelling at me?

Seriously...

@IntuitAustin  - lock the d*mned door so the DIYers can't get in the barn & we will stop teasing them.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Did you get in trouble again?"

Again?  When have I ever been in trouble.  Ok, let me rephrase that.  When have I been in trouble in the last 10 minutes?

And sign me up for that rant and rave room.  Sounds like home away from home.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

"we will stop teasing them"

But, but, but, we tease each other so why can't we tease someone else?  It's good natured and not nasty.  Trust me, I know nasty when I see it.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@IRonMaN 

I wasn't teasing you 😉

SURE you noticed /S 

Please stop trying to steal my thunder and points, OK !?!?!

( Generic Comment )"
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I saw it too....

I thought someone actually gave a response to warrant a close. NOPE!! 

tsk tsk Intuit. 

abctax55
Level 15

At least that thread was locked... better than nothing I guess.

Of course, now, I'll have trouble spelling stimulas/stimulus just like gaurd/guard 🤣

It's not as if spelling is my strong point anyway.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

OK... let's vote then:

Rants & Raves = 2 (me, Jeff)

( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

And sign me up for that rant and rave room.  Sounds like home away from home.

They have it, but they took away the Lounge unless you sell your soul to Intuit.

abctax55
Level 15

And even my soul is worth way more than they offered.

( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

They really need to get rid of these stupid sub-forum categories.  Things like "COVID Connections" and "Talk Talk" seem to be designed to draw in DIYers.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"unless you sell your soul to Intuit"

I would never sell my soul to Intuit.  Actually, I wouldn't sell a slightly burnt Ford Pinto to Intuit ------ but that's just me.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

"...I wouldn't sell a slightly burnt Ford Pinto to Intuit "

Oh I would, in a heartbeat.  The one with the cracked head & 'ready to blow up' tranny. 

( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

I'm all for Jeff's idea!

Why so serious?  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

On the flip side, my response got accepted by the power as solution.  That should get me just enough points to exchange for my dinner tonight, I hope.  Why else do I stick around here otherwise? /s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

"....Why else do I stick around here otherwise?

The stimulating conversation & sparkling personalities?

What's for dinner - McDonald's?

( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

You get it right, Anna!  For the stimulating conversation & sparkling personalities! 🤣

McDonald's?  Are you kidding?  For an accepted solution, I thought I would be entitled to a free meal at the ACME VIP canteen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Obi-Wan - are you inviting Austin to dinner with you since he was the one that accepted your answer as the solution?  It's a good thing that he was able to read Rick62's mind and know that was the answer he was looking for.  

To point out once again the stupidity of how the "solutions" work, I have deemed that this post has solved all of my problems.  Thanks to everyone for helping me out with a perplexing issue.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"At least that thread was locked"

Wow; if that is how to get it done, then vote me in for Rant and Rave, too.

"They really need to get rid of these stupid sub-forum categories."

There are some I've explored where "you can't get there from here." Once I figure out how to get there, I try to figure out why it even exists.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Welcome to the party QB.  The other thing I find interesting is, Intuit was able to find a post that was done by someone that doesn't belong here.  However, nobody from Intuit seems to be able to see all of the EasyAcct questions that have popped up in the last few weeks.  They tell folks to come here, to the promised land, but there isn't anybody around to lead them out of the desert.  Kinda sucks.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Jensen, careful what you wish for.  Just sayin'

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

I love it when someone posts something.... odd....

Then there are many responses by the original poster; that individual selects one of their 'own' answers as the solution.  Just odd, but typical of the thought put into this forum by Intuit.

( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Hey, @IRonMaN.  That's cheating.  You're not supposed to mark your own post as the solution.  At least give us some credit for helping you solve this perplexing problem. 😉

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Obi-Wan - I'll forward on my Intuit commission check for this month.............................. just to show how I greatly appreciate the help. 💰

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Much appreciated, IRMN!  That will get me a dinner roll with butter to go with my soup at the ACME VIP canteen tonight. 😁

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

How much are you getting paid that makes you think my check will cover all of that?  You might get a break and they will allow to purchase the butter portion of that meal.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Are we comparing pay now?  Thought Intuit's policy says compensation is confidential.

Well, no big deal.  And I'm not boasting.  While some would be proud to tell others that they earn a six-figure salary, I best them by having seven 0's in my pay.  For my exceptional performance, I was also granted an option I can exercise at any time to add more 0's to my pay.  And having these 0's preceded by a decimal makes my compensation package extra special - I dare say that no one who works can make anything close to what I get - unless, of course, you guys are paid at the same rate as me by Intuit?

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I used to make that kind of money, but they gave me an offer of a fancy new job title but they said I would have to cut my pay if I took the promotion.  The promotion to Ex-AllStar was worth the money.

Slava Ukraini!