Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Electronically file the FinCen Form 114

caj111
Level 4

Hello,

I've prepared a FinCen Form 114 and also selected that I want to file this return electronically in the information worksheet in the regular tax return part of the program.  But when I go to file the return electronically, the pop-up only shows a line and a box to check to file the regular tax return electronically.  There's nothing for the FinCen Form 114.  I've filed this form before with other clients successfully, what's the problem here?

As a side note, I called the support line and wait times are over an hour.  Do they not know it is busy season and they need to hire more people here?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@caj111 wrote:

I've prepared a FinCen Form 114 and also selected that I want to file this return electronically

As a side note, I called the support line and wait times are over an hour.  Do they not know it is busy season and they need to hire more people here?

You need to file it from Homebase, not from within the client.

Support is extra busy because bunch of impatient (or stupid) tax preparers are calling about things in regard to the new law. 

caj111
Level 4

Thank you for the help.  But it's just a shame we have to rely on each other here rather than somebody who actually works for this company.  We pay enough for this software.

0 Cheers