Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I "e-file" previous year's federal return? It is March 1, 2020 and need to file 2018 return.

Highlighted
Level 1

Can I "e-file" previous year's federal return?  It is March 1, 2020 and need to file 2018 return.  I keep getting rejected because the program wants me to update installed products, but there are no updates to be had.  Please help!  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15

Not if it has any of the "last minute" extenders in the return.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 8

this has been answered about 100 times in the last two weeks..if you would just search the community....

but to stem you anger... do this..

BTW, you've been able to file the 2018 for at least two weeks..

Top toolbar... go to Update>>Update Installed PRoducts>> REFRESH UPDATES.. that's important... it's the last line on the dropdown box... 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.
Level 15

But @dd4vols , the search function here is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO  bad that most of us can't find anything unless it is still on the first page.  

I've requested Intuit attempt to post some kind of notice that folks might see, or that we could easily link to... but the silence is deafening. 

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches