Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN I AMEND A 2020 RETUR NOW

bandi456
Level 2

I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN AMEND A  2020 RETURN FOR FEDERAL/STATE NOW

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

When I bring up the form 1040X in ProSeries, it tells me that the EF 1040X will be ready on 3/25/21.. That was my first step to see if i could file.  The second step I took was to go IRS.gov and look for the Form 1040X. And that form only goes thru the tax year 2019 for options.  So, you see, you just can't do it yet.  But, you could have done the above couple of steps.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Not yet

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

When I bring up the form 1040X in ProSeries, it tells me that the EF 1040X will be ready on 3/25/21.. That was my first step to see if i could file.  The second step I took was to go IRS.gov and look for the Form 1040X. And that form only goes thru the tax year 2019 for options.  So, you see, you just can't do it yet.  But, you could have done the above couple of steps.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
bandi456
Level 2

Yes I resolved the issues 

0 Cheers