Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add a pdf of a custody order to an efiled tax return?

I have a client that has to produce a custody order every year to the IRS in order to take his child.  Can I attach that as a PDF to the efiled return?  That is if we can get it efiled before the Ex does so it doesn't get rejected.  Usually they end up mailing the return because the Ex files first taking the child...or her boyfriend does...or her girlfriend does...or her parents take the child.  Grrrrr.....

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can scan and attach it as a pdf.  Whether anybody at the IRS actually reads it is another story.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can scan and attach it as a pdf.  Whether anybody at the IRS actually reads it is another story.

Slava Ukraini!

Yeah, I kind of figured that.  Chances are they will have to mail it in anyway!  Unsure what order the IRS will be getting these held, early efiled returns.  thank you for the quick reply.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The taxpayer's may consider getting a voluntary IP Pin for the child.  That would prevent anybody else for e-filing with the child.

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

On the other hand, I suppose if the ex wanted to cause problems, the ex could "beat them to it" and get an IP Pin for the child.  Sigh.

marni
Level 3

I laughed coffee out my nose.

I have a 'friend' at the IRS - I just texted him my Feb 12th, WTH!!!!

0 Cheers