Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any one tell me that if we have added the income against the SSN to the Scorp and now filling the personal return how we can adjust.

njamil
Level 1

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Idiot Shareholder A contributed all of their Social Security Income into the S Corp, as a shareholder loan. The S Corp goes on it's merry way and does business and reflects this Loan on it's balance sheet and issues K-1's. Shareholder A still reports their Social Security Income on their tax return, along with any income/loss from the K-1 that comes from the S Corp. 

Sounds perfectly normal to me. I have never ,met a S Corp that really functioned like a business. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You moved income that was paid to the individual in their own SSN over to the SCorp return?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
njamil
Level 1
Yes please suggest solution as today is the last day for 2020 return
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Idiot Shareholder A contributed all of their Social Security Income into the S Corp, as a shareholder loan. The S Corp goes on it's merry way and does business and reflects this Loan on it's balance sheet and issues K-1's. Shareholder A still reports their Social Security Income on their tax return, along with any income/loss from the K-1 that comes from the S Corp. 

Sounds perfectly normal to me. I have never ,met a S Corp that really functioned like a business. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BobKamman
Level 15

@George4Tacks " I have never ,met a S Corp that really functioned like a business. "

Some of us are less OCD than others.  Most of the S Corps I meet these days aren't corporations anyway, they're LLC's choosing to be treated that way.  Whether a corporation or LLC, it's all a legal fiction, like characters in a novel.  I have never met a Marvel Comics creation that really functioned as I would like.  But we're all playing a game of make-believe.  I believe I'll have another doughnut with my coffee now.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You're not really allowed to do that (if it was paid to the individual, its not Corp income), but youve already done it ...so at this point enter the 1099NEC Income on the Sch C of the taxpayer then in Other Expenses deduct it out as Reported on 1120S XX-XXXXXXX

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

@njamil 

"....as today is the last day for 2020 return"

Really ?  It is?   Perhaps that's why I'm sleep deprived.

[Comment removed: Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive. Thank you.] 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"