Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California TSJ Efile Error

akamaimtg
Level 2

I am having difficulty with a return that I am trying to efile.  Here are the facts.

The client is Married, Filing Separately (this is a registered domestic partnership in the State of California).

When I go to efile the State, it says the return cannot be efiled.  I called a tech at ProSeries and was told that the CA Franchise Tax Board as of January 1, 2020 does not accept e-file for registered domestic partnerships. This is NOT TRUE.  I chatted with someone at the CA Franchise Tax Board and indeed you can efile the state return.

So, I am back to the same problem with the TSJ error not being able to efile the state return.  Any solutions? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
when you go through Review does it say it cant be Efiled due to being MFS RDP?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
akamaimtg
Level 2

Yes, it says it is ineligible for efile.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

well the FTB website is basically useless for looking this up, I dont have any of these types of returns to know if Intuit is blowing smoke or the person you spoke with at FTB was misinformed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
akamaimtg
Level 2

Perhaps, but the client efiled via Turbotax last year, so I am thinking this is a ProSeries Issue.

0 Cheers
akamaimtg
Level 2

As an update, I am verbalizing my disgust with this whole tech support process at Intuit.  I have called them 6 times.  I have been placed on hold a total of 4 1/2 hours and still no resolution.  They gave me a case number and escalated this but no one calls you back.  Evidently, this error is not important enough for them to resolve. I am ready to pull my hair out.

0 Cheers