Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Single Member LLC: error message for having only one member

I need to prepare an amended California Form 568 for 2019.  I did not use ProSeries for 2019 returns.  

When I do this using the 1065 module and put in the owner's name, etc. on the K1 Worksheet, I get an error message because there is only one member.

What am I doing wrong?  Am I supposed to do this using the 1040 module?  If that's the problem, will I be able to efile only the 568?

Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The CA 568 is available with the 1040, DONT use the 1065.

Go to Update > Select and Download New Products and you'll see the CA LLC in the list right below CA. Download/install it, then from the 1040, when you switch to the state, you'll see both CA 540 and CA 568 to select.

You wont be able to Efile an amended CA return, 2019 just didnt give us that ability.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The CA 568 is available with the 1040, DONT use the 1065.

Go to Update > Select and Download New Products and you'll see the CA LLC in the list right below CA. Download/install it, then from the 1040, when you switch to the state, you'll see both CA 540 and CA 568 to select.

You wont be able to Efile an amended CA return, 2019 just didnt give us that ability.

Hi Lisa, thanks.  Too bad it can't efile.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
agreed!

0 Cheers
py7211
Level 1

What if the single member is another LLC?  I dont  think I can use 1040 module to efile CA568 , can I?

0 Cheers