Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Form 540 tax payment withdrawal date of 5/17/21 is giving error message.

StellaN
Level 2

Why do I get an error message when entering 5/17/21 for the tax payment withdrawal date for California Form 540 since it is supposed to be updated?  Supposedly CA has been updated by Intuit.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It hasnt been updated yet...either wait for an update or use the FTB Webpay website and schedule the payment/

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sariscpa
Level 4

According to Proseries (I was on the phone with them for 2 hours today) CA 540 payment due date was updated on 3/26/21 to accept the 5/17/21 date.  My system shows an error using that date. Is anyone able to use the 5/17/21 date?  Is it just my system that will not update? Is anyone able to file suing a 5/17 payment date?

0 Cheers
JML222
Level 4

Using proseries basic and still getting the error.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The federal was updated on the 26th....you got an uninformed phone rep that doesnt understand the difference.

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

Lisa, that is not necessarily true.  Proseries released a notice that the target date for CA, along with 11 other states and the federal, to be updated was 3/26/21 - see this link - https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-federal-tax...

I think she was going by that.  I guess Proseries intended to update it on that day but never did.  The real problem is that Intuit is not giving their customer support reps the information they need to assist us.  If they do not release the update on the target date shouldn't they notify the employees?

KaiSF
Level 1

I have a dozen returns ready to be filed but I can't because of this issue. Using Pro.

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

FYI I filed a CA return with 5/17/21 payment and turned off the error checking upon conversion.  It went through and was accepted.

JML222
Level 4

Has anyone learned anything new about this issue?

California is the only state I have experienced this problem.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
did you read the post right above yours?

0 Cheers
KaiSF
Level 1

My concern using this workaround (LOVE workarounds when I pay this much for software) is can I trust the client's account will actually be debited on the May date I enter. Intuit isn't going to be the one blamed.

I had CA update on Tuesday or Wednesday and still this isn't fixed.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive just been telling clients, if they dont want it direct debited by 4/15, they can send a check or make the E-payment on the FTB website themselves..."how" they pay their taxes isnt my responsibility or concern.

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

That's a good point.  I didn't even think about that.  Nobody knows.

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

I just did my update and this seems to be fixed now.  Good luck everyone.

0 Cheers