Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California EFT for balance due - May 17th 2021 Date Unavailable

aguffre
Level 3

I understand that ProSeries has already updated California to reflect the May 17, 2021 due date according to their postings.  However, when we enter in May 17, 2021 as the payment date to withdraw funds for a balance due on a California tax return, we get an error.  It says "The debit date must be after the end of the tax year, 12/31/2020, and between today, 04/08/2021, and the deadline date of 04/15/2021."

According to the ProSeries Form availability page, the last California update took place on 04/07/2021 with no future updates anticipated.  I believe this means that this will not be fixed?  This wasn't a problem last year with the July 15th deadline.  What's going on here?  How can I get ProSeries attention on this matter?  If I have to use the 04/15/2021 date, I have limited time to let my clients know & have them get the funds available.  Regardless, they should not be forced into this if they don't want to.

I am not interested in how I can work around this to accommodate ProSeries shortcomings.  I want the tax software I am paying for to work correctly.  I am wondering when and if ProSeries will pay attention to this matter and fix it.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
if you dont want a workaround then you'll just have to wait.

Im sure they'll have it updated by the 4/15 due date.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
aguffre
Level 3

How are you sure?  That is my concern.  They have only posted that everything is updated.  I have not seen anything that they are aware of this and working to correct it.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
they fixed it last year, why would you think they wouldn't fix it this year?

FWIW Ive seen other people say they've put the 5/17 date in, then turn off error checking at conversion and CA will accept the later date...is just a software error, not a filing error with the FTB.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers