Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Estimated tax payments via electronic funds withdrawal

ramras_8
Level 3

I am trying to schedule the estimated tax payments for the Califronia return via electronic payments. I have filled out Part VI of the General Info Worksheets on the Federal side and listed the 3 vouchers I wanted the program to pay and have checked the box for the electronic payment on the  general Info worksheet on the state side. I did not get any error but the instruction letter  still says to pay the voucher by check. The federal estimated tax payments work fine.

How could I make the state side work?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That option in the fed info sheet is new this year, Im honestly not sure how it works. I think that's for Efiling them on the fly throughout the year, not scheduling them ahead of time.

I would deselect the estimated payments there and use the 540ES worksheet in the CA return, this is how I always schedule them for auto withdrawals for the year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
chester
Level 3

I've tried everything including hours on the phone with tech support, they're totally useless.  I even sent a "sanitized" data file and the idiot told me it was because the 540-ES is not final - which is not true.  Here's the error message I get, which is totally bogus, it's not being rejected by CA, it's being rejected by Intuit.  There is no missing or incomplete information despite what the error message says.  I've tried deleting the CA return and re-entering, no help.  Now I have the same problem with another client's return

Description: /CA-Return/CA-ReturnData/CA-Payment/PaymentInformation
Error Detail:
There is missing or incomplete information in the payment record.

Review the following information on the California Information Worksheet. After making the following corrections as needed, resubmit the State return electronically:

Part I: A telephone number must be provided. Also, select the related checkbox (e.g., if a work phone number is provided, check the box labeled "Taxpayer Work")

Part VIII: If electing Direct Deposit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal, ensure all banking related information is completed and valid: Account Type (i.e., checking or savings), Routing Number, Account Number.

Error Resolution:
Review the following information on the California Information Worksheet. After making the following corrections as needed, resubmit the State return electronically:

Part I: A telephone number must be provided. Also, select the related checkbox (e.g., if a work phone number is provided, check the box labeled "Taxpayer Work")

Part VIII: If electing Direct Deposit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal, ensure all banking related information is completed and valid: Account Type (i.e., checking or savings), Routing Number, Account Number.

0 Cheers
njdianala
Level 1

I'm in your moebium loop; I was able to successfully schedule all four CA estimates for clients

who have refunds from CA.  I have just hit the wall with the first client who owes CA.  Program is

very happy to withdraw her underpayment, but after trying everything you have tried, software will not

let me schedule electronic estimated payments. My suspicion right now is that it relates to the fact

that there is a balance due since all worked for the previous three clients.

I was going to call Intuit tomorrow (its Sunday night right now), but it sounds as if I won't be told anything

I haven't tried.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the posts above are over a month old, I havent had any issues scheduling CA estimates since the beginning of March. Marking the boxes on the CA ES worksheet (I dont use the fed info worksheet) and making sure you have a work phone number listed in the CA information worksheet they seem to work fine.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
FREDW21901
Level 3

Solved by marking "EF EST State" on Federal worksheet but DO NOT select any quarterly payment in section below. This will remove the error on State EF Est worksheet and leave the scheduled EF Est payment intact.

0 Cheers