Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA efiling rejection due to health insurance

krav
Level 2

I have a CA non-resident whose efiling was rejected because the health care coverage information is missing. He is covered by health insurance, but I cannot figure out where to indicate this in Proseries so that I can efile the return. Any help?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA has a Healthcare Worksheet in its list of forms that you need to mark a box. Looks like its not popping up as a required form for non residents since theyre not required to have health insurance.

Did it bounce back immediately? or did it get sent to the state then CA kicked it back?

If it bounced back immediately, I think this may be a programming defect.

If it got to the state and they sent it back, then its on the tax agencies end and Intuit should make that form a mandatory fill in..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
krav
Level 2

Thanks Lisa- I found the worksheet, marked him covered and resubmitted - hopefully it will be accepted now.  Have a great day!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
krav, can you confirm if it was an immediate bounce back or did CA reject it?

0 Cheers
krav
Level 2

It wasn't a bounce back, it was a rejection from CA.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thank you!

0 Cheers
JR619
Level 2

I'm having the same issue (CA Non-Resident rejecting for health coverage but not an option for Non-Resident). Reject code said this was an internal processing error that would be fixed in Feb 18th update, but still getting reject. I updated software and ran "final review" again and resubmitted efile as directed but still getting reject. When is this going to be fixed. Note: spent past hour on the phone with support (bounced to three different agents) but no one is able to tell me when this will be fixed. Frustrating at best.

0 Cheers
krav
Level 2

I was able to go the bottom where all forms are listed - find the healthcare worksheet. I marked that he was covered all year - efiled and it has already been accepted.  Try that...

JR619
Level 2

First - THANKS - success! The return was acknowledged (not rejected this time).

I had the same though yesterday, but could NOT find the form in the form list and the search feature did not find the form either.

I searched again today after your post (line by line) and found it. I answered YES, did a "final review", saved the return, and efiled. I got an ACK 30 minutes later. Great workaround.

I'm still very FRUSTRATED with Intuit - I get it that is is probably a CA FTB issue. However, the reject error message was NOT updated (today it still directed me to an update on the 18th which I did), a self service solution did NOT exist, and support did NOT have any helpful solutions. I made multiple (three) phone calls to support and they had no clue about the issue. My calls were a waste of 90 plus minutes of my time and theirs.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive reported this to the powers that be at Intuit, they need to make the worksheet have a mandatory checkbox if CA is going to be looking for it on a non resident return (this may be CAs error rather than Intuit, but Intuit could help us with a workaround and make that box be a required entry.)

0 Cheers