Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business vehicle less than 50% use depreciation for the second year

JOHNNYCPA1
Level 2

first year 2019- 100% business use of vehicle bought vehicle $22,000 - took macrs depreciation of $4,400 or 20%.

2nd year - used 39.2% for business.

Does proseries recapture the depreciation automatically when the business use falls under 50%. I must report as income . difference in straightline versus macrs? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If I remember correctly, you need to manually do it (the bottom of page 2 on the "Enterable 4797"), but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Test it out and see if the program automatically fills out the bottom of page 2 of 4797.  If it doesn't, you need to manually do it.

As a side note, you may want to double check that you elected OUT of Bonus for the vehicle in 2019.

0 Cheers
JOHNNYCPA1
Level 2

Dear Taxguy,

I looked at 2019 proseries , I used light truck and It said I was not qualified for special bonus depreciation.   I never took it anyway.  I never opted out for special bonus depreciation.

so for 2020 I  did  recapture depeciation , I added to schedule C as other income manually.

0 Cheers