Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad customer service for others?

evankhut
Level 1

I have been a Proseries customer since 2012. I really enjoy the product, and it has worked well over the years. This year has been rough though- the program freezes multiple times a day, which requires a 20 to 25 minute restart. This takes a couple of hours out of my day. Then, when I try to contact support, they can not verify my account and say that my name and my account number (which I have used since 2012) are not linked and they can not help. I request a phone call from upper management but do not get a call. Gives me flashbacks of dealing with Comcast. Never thought this would happen with Proseries...will be looking for a new product next year for our firm, and will be mentioning the frustration in my accounting communities. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING. If you are deciding between products, think twice before going with Proseries. This is the first bad review I have posted on the web (just as a reference of how bad it has been for me). Maybe it won't be bad for you, but this is my livelihood, as well as my team's, so it hit's pretty hard. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

21 Comments 21
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo 

Another unhappy customer on aisle 12

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

When you choose the tax program you're switching too, will you share with us?   

I ran into a problem with the stimulus payment rebate form.  It automatically populates a rebate credit on every tax return that I completed.  This is causing a math error notice from the IRS, removal of the rebate credit amount and greatly delaying the processing of refunds due to this problem.  I contacted Intuit about this issue.  Their response was to delete the form from the program to get an actual correct form filing, but they will do nothing about the errors that the form caused.  I am left with explaining to my customers that I am sorry but nothing can be done for them.  This is the worst customer service that I have dealt with regarding tax software.  Per the IRS, the only software product with this issue is from Intuit.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't had any issues with the form.  Based on what you are saying it sounds like you aren't entering the amounts they actually received during the year.

Slava Ukraini!
JustInTime
Level 2

Sure, I will post on this same thread.

EMCTax
Level 2

That is inaccurate.  I enter the amount of the stimulus payment received and the form still generates a rebate that the customer is not eligible for.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The software produces the calculation.  Have you reviewed calculations on the worksheet?

Slava Ukraini!
EMCTax
Level 2

This is almost like talking with Intuit Pro Series.  All calculations were checked, reviewed with Intuit Customer Service & everything checked out.  They had no explanation as to why the form automatically put the rebate amount on the tax return.  It's just an error and the only thing I was told to do was to deleted the form so that the rebate amount won't erroneously appear on future tax filings.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"This is almost like talking with Intuit Pro Series"

Well, my mind reading abilities kinda suck, so sorry for trying to help.  

Slava Ukraini!
EMCTax
Level 2

My apologies IRonMaN for my last comments.  I am frustrated from waiting 20-30 minutes to speak with an Intuit representative, only to discuss this issue for over 2 hours on 03/09/21 and over an hour discussion on 03/12/21.  I took my frustrations out on the wrong party and for that, I deeply apologize.  I know you were trying to help me.  My frustration is with Intuit and not with you.  I appreciate you trying to help me with this issue.

I am angry at Pro Series not caring about the problems their software caused for me and my clients.  They will only continue monitoring this issue to make future corrections but will do nothing about the problems that their software caused prior to them working on this issue.

IRonMaN
Level 15

No problem.

@Orlando - any clues on this one?

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

I haven't had any issues with the recovery rebate either.  Are the only numbers you are entering are on lines 16 & 19 of the worksheet for the amounts the clients actually received?  I haven't heard of anyone else saying this is happening.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration.

I've asked our content team about the rebate credit behavior. Stay tuned.

Regarding this: This year has been rough though- the program freezes multiple times a day, which requires a 20 to 25 minute restart...  Has it been behaving that way since day one, or is did it start at some point?  Could you

When you email, please include a link to this community post so we now it's from you.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks for jumping in so quickly Orlando.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Are you entering EIP 1 and 2 on the separate lines? That makes a difference (speaking from experience)

Ex-AllStar
JeffCPA
Level 3

I have not had this issue either.   Not surprised to hear of the frustration.  I wonder if the tech people suggest you uninstall proseries as a whole and then do a reinstall.  I think that sometimes files or forms can be corrupted.   I wonder if you can a photo of the form where data has been entered and attach it to a message here, and maybe we can see some other possible solution or work around.  

EMCTax
Level 2

Yes, it would be entered on the appropriate lines.  My customers had only received 1 payment in 2020.  Their 2nd payment was received in 2021 so would not be reported until 2021 filing.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The 2021 payment belongs on the 2020 return.

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

The second payment received in 2021 goes on the 2020 return.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Never mind 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

EIP#2 goes on the 2020 return even though it was received in 2021.     Did this not come up when you were working with PS Support ?    Then again they aren't there to help prepare returns they are there to help with the program.