Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTENTION PROSERIES USERS IN STATES THAT DON'T TAX UNEMPLOYMENT!

Mandala
Level 2

Please tell me I am seeing this wrong because it appears that ProSeries is making not one but TWO subtraction adjustments on CA Schedule CA for the Unemployment.  Once, for the normal adjustment, and again for the exclusion???  Is anyone in this community a representative of ProSeries who can pass along this information to the software developers?  

1040:

Mandala_0-1616256739442.png

Schedule 1:

Mandala_1-1616256739299.png

California 540:

Mandala_2-1616256739425.png

California Schedule CA:

Mandala_3-1616256739433.png

Mandala Lakey, EA

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
chasetax
Level 7

@Just Lisa Now can u help with CA?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You are correct that many states are wrong.

You need to either manually make the adjustment, or wait for Intuit to update the States.

BobKamman
Level 15

turn off your caps and lower your expactations.  it was reasonable to expect intiuit to take a week to modify the federal program once irs revised its instructions.  it is reasonable to expect them to take several weeks to modify 43 state programs.  in most cases it takes just one entry on one line to adjust the state return.  you have a problem with that?

Mandala
Level 2

Hi Bob,

I believe this is a misunderstanding.  I am not angry.  My caps were only to get the attention of other preparers that may not have noticed this double deduction, and have already been filing.  It was in the spirit of perhaps making somone's tax season easier since the error is not super apparent.

I think the IRS and ProSeries have been doing a great job "building the plane while mid-flight" and we are all on the same team. 

I do apologize for my cap-using faux-pas!  I will adjust it, and thanks for the feedback.

Respectfully,

Mandala

Mandala Lakey, EA

Mandala
Level 2

Well darn,

It won't let me change it to lower case.  Apologies to anyone else that is offended. 😞

Mandala Lakey, EA

KJM14
Level 3

It is not a big deal!!  I really appreciate the heads up.  

DTNY07
Level 7

I am giving you a thumbs up for working the words faux pas in a tax message board.  I do appreciate you bringing this to everyone's attention.  As I am a NYC CPA, more than half my client base is NYS.  it is fully taxable in NYS.   But, NJ and CA are my 2nd and 3rd biggest client base states and both states never tax unemployment.