Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTENTION MODERATOR CRITICAL PROGRAM ERROR - 1040 penalty and interest amounts not included when using electronic funds withdrawal

CMadd
Level 2

ATTENTION MODERATOR CRITICAL PROGRAM ERROR - 1040 penalty and interest amounts not included when using electronic funds withdrawal.  

This needs to be fixed immediately !  When using the electronic funds withdrawal to pay a balance due with 1040 returns, ProSeries is not including the penalty and interest due on the balance.  Any returns with a balance due as of this point in time would have penalties and interest due!  

Yes, you can go directly to the IRS website and make a payment, but we rely on this program to do it's job.  This is an obvious oversight.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many complaints about that in the past few weeks.

Must have something to do with the programming required to incorporate the July 15th deadline date.

Kind of a done deal now since this July 15th due date was a one time thing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I use ProSeries Pro and it will figure interest and penalty. You have to fill in the quarterly interest rates in global options under tools, options, miscellaneous. You also have to fill out the 2210 completely, including last years tax liability    

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
People have reported that they cant seem to get the direct debit to accept the balance due including pen and int, it will only allow the tax due amount.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Only clients I had choose mail in, not direct debit. I did try a test direct debt, and it would only let me put in amount due without penalties, so there is an issue with program

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

Has this ProSeries bug been fixed, or is it being worked on?  It says update to this discussion on April 19, 2021 but I don't see anything since last year.  Long time for Intuit to take to fix what should be fixed.  

I override the EF diagnostic, hopefully the client's debit will properly include the P&I they owe, not just the tax.

0 Cheers