Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Entry Worksheet

gmarucha
Level 2

I had previously filed my Fed returns for partnership. I need to file my state returns, and calculate the difference in depreciation, as I took Bonus on Fed, and AZ has not conformed yet. I entered my assets into the asset entry worksheet, and it is giving me the correct state depr calculations, however that number is populating in both A1 and B1 on the AZ form 165, when A1 should be the total FED Depr taken, from line 22 on the 4562 (which on my form is a different number)...

There has to be a box somewhere that I need to check or uncheck?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

There is a check box at the bottom of State Depr information > Include asset in state return Yes No

gmarucha
Level 2

That box is checked, that is not the issue. B1 on the AZ state return form 165, is reflecting that correct state calculation. A1 is the problem, it says it takes it from 4562 line 22, but it is populating the state depr amount just as B1 is doing instead of the total Fed depr.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

ahhhh....   Now I see your problem.   I do not prepare AZ returns.    Maybe we can get an Intuit employee to give you some insight to a possible program glitch.   

Hey     Can you help @gmarucha  ?          @AshleyatIntuit          Never mind!  Problem solved

gmarucha
Level 2

I figured it out!

I needed to remove the form 4562 that already existed, complete the asset entry wks, then add a new 4562 form. For some reason the link between the state and the previous 4562 wasn't updated. Now it worked!