Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Conforms To Unemployment Exclusion. When Will Software Update?

BobKamman
Level 15

The governor signed conformity legislation last night (somewhat surprisingly).  The Department of Revenue is not expected to do automatic amended returns.  

If separate returns were filed to come under the $150K income limit and apply community-property rules, are MFS amended returns now required, or can a joint return already filed be amended to combine the two AGI amounts?  Oddly enough, Arizona allows amendments from MFJ to MFS even after the due date of the return. 

Arizona Revised Statutes Section 43-310

A. If a husband and wife have filed a joint return for a taxable year for which separate returns could have been made by them under section 43-309, and the time prescribed by this title for filing the return for such taxable year has expired, the spouses may nevertheless make separate returns for such taxable year. Separate returns filed by the spouses in such a case shall constitute their returns for such taxable year, and all payments, credits, refunds or other repayments made or allowed with respect to the joint return for such taxable year shall be taken into account in determining the extent to which the taxes based on the separate returns have been paid.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Sheesh. What do you expect from a software company.

Legislation passed late last night from a State that has about 2% of US population.

I'm sorry if I seem crude, but I don't want PROSERIES going B@lls to the wall to fix a problem for 2% of the population when there are items out there affecting almost all of us preparers.

And really even asking the question 24 hours after the legislation is a bit much.

All that being said, They will probably have the program updated sooner than any of us could realistically expect.

There has to be about a 2 minute override in your state program anyway.

Oh crud...I think I just ran out of patience and it spilled out.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@jeffmcpa2010    if you've read any of @BobKamman posts you'll realize there was lots and lots of sarcasm in that "When will the software update"   

(hmmm... maybe there should be a special font for typing sarcastic statements)

and you running out of patience....yup....While we all like to help in this forum there is at some point that one question that pushes us over the edge 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Actually I didn't even look at who wrote it ...If I had seen that it was Bob, I would have recognized the sarcasm. Bad on me to not look carefully enough before responding.

Best Wishes Bob! and dkh

sjrcpa
Level 15

@jeffmcpa2010 At my first reading I thought you were being sarcastic in response to Bob's sarcasm.

Ex-AllStar
BobKamman
Level 15

That's OK, he was just being sarcastic because I'm commenting elsewhere on how program features that affect less than 1% of the population should not be at the top of the list for rebuilding the aircraft while in flight.   

sjrcpa
Level 15

We really need that sarcasm font we've asked for.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I wish someone would explain what sarcasm means.  I mean if it is something good, I might just start using it in some of my posts.

Slava Ukraini!