Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APTC still not calculating for self employment health insurance as of 4/20/21

tkarris
Level 3

Anyone else getting an error message? I can't efile a return with excess APTC and self employment insurance deduction.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

anyone with a 1095A and SEHI is getting that message, you'll need to wait for an update.   No official ETA on that, I did see someone post that they called support and they were told it would be updated by the 30th, but who knows..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now-     Do you feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?

BobKamman
Level 15

I don't have any self-employed clients with ACA insurance, so I wonder what caused this problem. 

Did the Intuit programmers decide, "People are too stupid to carry over the excess credit to the SEHI deduction, so we'll have to do it for them automatically?"

Why didn't they do that with Medicare premiums?

Does the amount of the excess premium credit depend on AGI, so it's a loop like figuring IRA deduction with taxable Social Security?  

I'm just waiting to see how this prices out for next year's package.  Having sold us something we might not want -- an automatic link from excess premium credit to SEHI -- now they have to sell us a fix that turns it off if the same forgiveness is enacted retroactively for 2021.  

gary1861
Level 4

Well since it is May 1, your who knows wins.  😊

0 Cheers
tkarris
Level 3

I'm thinking at this point, just undo the link to schedule C off the bottom of the 1095A and manually enter actual insurance premiums paid directly on schedule C. This is beyond ridiculous to wait for this fix.