Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APTC repayment suspension

chasetax
Level 7

as we know the repayment of aptc has been suspended/waived for 2020, however it looks as if proseries(and maybe IRS) are not quite ready to process those returns-efiled one return friday 3 pm-it is still showing received by intuit.  anyone else experiencing this?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
shyanne-2
Level 3

Yes--filed one at 10 am on Friday and it shows received by intuit--not yet sent to IRS

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I filed several of them on Thursday and all were accepted.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since Lisa has been getting acceptances, I guess you will have to assume that it isn't the repayment issue.  We will just have to assume it is another unknown bug that is going to wipe out all of humanity 😱

Or maybe it's just a little hiccup in the system and we are going to be fine after all😌

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@chasetax "those returns"

@shyanne-2  "filed one"

@Just-Lisa-Now- "filed several of them"

Excuse my curiosity.  WTF are you people talking aboiut?  Returns with no 8962 required?  How would Intuit and IRS recognize them?  Returns with a PTC credit?  Why would those be rejected now? 

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@BobKamman   “Why would those be rejected now? ”.     Every update is a new adventure... fix 3; break 2.... one never knows.... do one?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@BobKamman wrote:

@chasetax "those returns"

@shyanne-2  "filed one"

@Just-Lisa-Now- "filed several of them"

Excuse my curiosity.  WTF are you people talking aboiut?  Returns with no 8962 required?  How would Intuit and IRS recognize them?  Returns with a PTC credit?  Why would those be rejected now? 

Returns that  showed an APTC payback, but now that the program has been updated that payback has been removed.   The 8962 is no longer included in the return (although it is still in there and can be printed for informational purposes if youd like).

This is what IRS said to do, and they wont be sending out any letters for missing 1095A/8962 forms.
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-suspends-requirement-to-repay-excess-advance-payments-of-the-2020-p...
"The Internal Revenue Service announced today that taxpayers with excess APTC for 2020 are not required to file Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, or report an excess advance Premium Tax Credit repayment on their 2020 Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR, Schedule 2, Line 2, when they file."

Returns with a PTC net credit still have the 8962 included and Efile just fine.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I know what IRS said.  I just don't know what returns the questions involve.  More blind men trying to describe an elephant.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the OP believes the reason their returns are sitting in limbo is due to the missing 8962 and Intuit not being ready to process them correctly....this is not the case, Ive had multiple returns with the same situation accepted just fine.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

That's one way of reading it, I suppose.  

0 Cheers
chasetax
Level 7

@BobKamman On my first return without aptc payback, i generated an 8962 by using 'if any data' so that the form would be included with the filing copy-just for reporting purposes-CYA-this is the return i was referring to--however since then, filed a couple without force printing the 8962 and they have been accepted-so it confirms the fact that 8962 should NOT be included with filing copy.  Am now just waiting for my first return to be rejected so I can remove the 'forced' 8962 and re-send

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive just been printing out the 8962 and including in the copy manually...just so its there if we ever refer back to it....I guess if you're saving to PDF that strategy doesnt work.

0 Cheers
chasetax
Level 7

@Just-Lisa-Now- guess thats why you are a champ--just looked at a pdf-8962 is not printing-thx for the heads up-will print manually and keep for my records-thank you

@IRonMaN I found an old wal-mart grocery cart(only three wheels) could we use it while we collect cans and spare change we find on the side of the road?

IRonMaN
Level 15

A CART!!!!!!!  Holy crap, we got it made in the shade now.  Someone dumped a cart wheel in with a bag of cans I picked up yesterday so we can get that cart really humming along!

Slava Ukraini!
chasetax
Level 7

@Skylane @BobKamman @IRonMaN @Just-Lisa-Now- update on my return- it did reject-but not due to aptc clawback suspension-it rejected because some of 1095-a medical ins pmts went to sch a-and are now no longer deductible- in this case no change to fedl refund-no harm no foul, corrected and re-e-filed

@Skylane this may be your issue with medical deductions as well-rejected at 4:20 pm ET-let us know pls

IRonMaN
Level 15

Another mystery solved 👍

Slava Ukraini!
chasetax
Level 7

@Just-Lisa-Now- Form 8962-print options filing copy and preparer copy select 'if any data' and your copying issue is solved--had several get accepted while including form 8962-this way i already have copies-fyi

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I only print the filing copy, but thanks!

0 Cheers