Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any efiles stuck at intuit?

Mine has been received at Intuit for several days now...not moving on.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

18 Comments 18
PATAX
Level 15

No I have not had any issues with this. So far so good.

My Federal and State still say received by Intuit.  I called yesterday and first she said they were having some technical problems.  Then later in the convo she told me that the IRS had not picked it up yet.  Hmmmm....calling again!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried highlighting the returns and click on update acknowledgements to see if they are really lingering in purgatory?

Slava Ukraini!

Yep, tried it all.  On hold with Intuit ProSeries now.  She is "looking into it" and I have been on hold for probably 4 or 5 minutes.  She comes back every couple minutes an says she is still looking into it.  I checked where's my refund on irs.gov, they haven't seen it so it is definitely sitting at Intuit.  My client has called contacted me several times wondering why she cannot get refund status.  Last time she asked me if I efiled it?  Makes me look bad!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"My client has called contacted me several times wondering why she cannot get refund status."

It would be a former client of mine if someone did that to me.  Tell her to cool her jets.  She has to realize she isn't your only client and crap happens.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

God bless you Iron Man... You hit the nail on the head....

When I explained the problem my client calmed down.  I just think she didn't like the idea that I didn't know what was going on.  I still don't know.  Intuit sent it to a supervisor to review and hopefully fix it.  They said it had a failed preparation notice on it but both the gal I talked to and someone higher up than her that she was talking to couldn't figure out what preparation failed.  I was on with them for 2 hours and 10 minutes waiting for them to figure it out.  They said they could not call me back....so I waited.  There were no errors or problems with the return.  I asked them to reject it and I would try to resend it but they can't do that apparently.  So I wait for someone from Intuit to figure it out and get back to me.  😳  Oh Lordy!  Yesterday I was on the phone with someone else for almost an hour.  Those were 3 hours of my day waisted! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, that kinda sucks.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15
I hope it works out for you.

still waiting for a call back from Intuit higher up.  Nothing yet and other returns are being accepted and going through.  That return just sits there saying "received at Intuit".  Does anyone know if it sits there long enough Intuit will just reject it?  One of the 2 people I spoke with seemed to think there was a time out and it would just be rejected.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Every once in awhile they find a glitch in the software and hold on to returns that have the glitch for a period of time and then will reject those returns.  I don't know if something like that is going on or if they just plain screwed something up.  I'm guessing on the "screwed up" reason since we aren't seeing similar posts --------------- and we would see them if a lot of folks had returns dangling like that.

Slava Ukraini!

UPDATE:  Ok, of course no one called me back from Intuit but they did reject the return.  The reason was there were entries on Form 8962 for both the Annual Calculation and the Monthly Calculation and there can only be one.  My client had her husband on the insurance the first 2 months of the year only.  So I went to the part of the 8962 (after doing a lot of research) and did the shared policy allocation on the 1095-A form.  Well there were still Annual and Monthly in there but the added info was there on form 8962 so I tried again, it was rejected for the same reason immediately (like in within about 5 minutes when I checked).  There is no option to override either one of them.  And no errors from ProSeries are showing at all.  I had a mysterious green $0 on line 11(b) of the form 8962 that I couldn't get rid of or find out why it was there.  I finally deleted the form 8962 and when it came back the green $0 was magically gone.  So I have tried to efile again.  The reject hasn't come back immediately like it did earlier today....keeping my fingers crossed.   WOW  it says it was sent to the IRS!  Success!  Still keeping my fingers crossed.  🤞 

IRonMaN
Level 15

If they get accepted, go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket ---------------- it's your lucky day 😀

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Gail1
Level 2

Why do some returns say "received by intuit" and just hang there for days???

Very frustrating!!!

Gail THomas

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Seriously, e-file officially opened up yesterday and clients are freaking out (and apparently practitioners too).  Does anybody wait for anything anymore?  I'm going to file everything through Door Dash.  At least I know it'll be done within the hour.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

My states are hanging. I will give it time as I am sure Intuit/IRS are getting slammed. 

PATAX
Level 15

@dascpa I do not like to prepare any returns this early since additional 1099 forms, etc. may arrive. Plus it is better to wait a little, in my opinion, just in case any bugs in software and/or federal and/or state efiling systems.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm just relieved that I saw that post.  I had just about lost faith in Intuit's customer base before seeing that.  It's not tax season unless we have folks threatening to take a high dive off of their office building roof because of not receiving an acknowledgement 33 seconds after the return was transmitted. 😎

Slava Ukraini!