Would someone please be able to help me find the box highlighted in the instructions below (in red) on the 2019 ProSeries software? To e-file the amended return:
- Open the Federal Information Worksheet.
- Click the QuickZoom button to jump to Part VII - E-file extend/amend.
Note: Don’t remove the checkbox in Part VI of this worksheet for “File federal return electronically”.
- Check the box to File federal amended return electronically.
- If not already checked, mark the box for Check if original federal return was successfully e-filed.
- Manually check if the original return was accepted in a different data file, or if the original return was submitted by a different program or tax preparer.
I figured it out
you have to make the changes in the original return file. not the separate copy for the amended. because the original has the "proof" that you e-filed the original. Because the data from Form 9325 doesn't flow from the original to the amended. Mine was a little more complicated. because the reason I am amending is because the client failed to give me a W-2 (he had 3). the missing W-2 was from another state where it would be an original return for that state and not an amended state.