Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended 2019 1040 will convert but not transmit and cannot figure out why. Does anyone know what I may need to do? thanks

bill25
Level 1
I have no errors and have selected convert and transmit several times and the process only completes the convert part. EFile center shows status as ready to efile, i.e., the return is not confirmed as transmitted.
0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I had a 2020 return that did that a few months ago, and I disable error checking (even though there were no errors) and it worked.  It might be worth a try.

There is another post on this forum and something else had worked for someone else, but unfortunately the search feature on this forum is useless.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you have an attachment thats too big this will happen.

Make sure your program is updated (you may want to run Refresh/Repair updates) and try transmitting from the EFCenter, rather than from within the client file

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
essefftee
Level 2

How do I disable error checking?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think you need to be transmitting from the EFCenter to turn off error checking, its right on that window that opens when you click the EFNow button...I dont think they give that option when you Efile from the client file.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Uncheck that box

errorchecking.png

essefftee
Level 2

Got it.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
essefftee
Level 2

I unchecked the box; still unable to transmit ☹️.

NOTE: This is a 2017 Form 1040.  Does Pro-Series support e-filing for 2017?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh, its too late to Efile anything 2017.  The Efile window is only open for current year and 2 years prior at any time.  This is an IRS rule, not just Intuit.

bill25
Level 1

Thanks! The attachment wasn’t an issue. Updated the program and I enabled error checking and it transmitted. 
now we wait to see if accepted. 

I think the real problem was the program update. 

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I had the same thing this morning on a 2019 return.  No errors, went thru all the little steps, and ended up, right where i started, did the review again.... tried 5 or 6 times. then did an update on that year's program, and worked like a charm.  

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers