Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend 2018 IRS Form 1065

jjmcgiii48
Level 1

How do I amend an 2018 IRS Form 1065 in ProSeries18?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Open up the 2018 1065, mark the Efling amended box on the fed information worksheet, check the amended box on the front page of the 1065, make the changes and Efile it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

Under the new (for 2018 forward) centralized audit rules for partnerships... beware of the following:

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/guidance-for-amended-partnership-returns

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
jjmcgiii50
Level 1

Perfect!  Thank you!

0 Cheers
hlecpa
Level 1

I did what you noted however, I still get the following message

"The version of ProSeries you are using is no longer current. Though this does not affect any returns you have already e-filed, you must update your tax program before electronically filing additional returns. To update your program, go to the Update menu and select 'Update Installed Products'. ProSeries will automatically download any updates available for currently installed products. After updating, you must also reconvert all files that are ready to transmit electronically. 

Not transmitted, the amended return(s) failed the tax submission amended return validation step. Please make the necessary corrections."

I updated the installed products and reconverted the file and still does not work.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you did the "update installed products" and you still get the message that you need to update, try one of these other methods for updating.

refresh.pngrefresh2018.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
bbackues
Level 2

I have the same problem...did you ever get this fixed?

0 Cheers

The 2018 amended 1065 will not transmit but no explanation. Also same message with 2018 1120S

0 Cheers