Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend 1120 S that I didn't prepare

Y-Sure
Level 1

I have a client who needs to amend their 2019 1120S.  Lots of changes are needed, but I didn't prepare the original.  What is the best way to amend an 1120S that you didn't prepare?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I could be wrong, but I *THINK* for a 1120-S all you do is prepare the return as it should be and check the amended box.

If it was a 1040, then this is what you do, but I don't think this applies to a 1120-S:

1. Prepare the return exactly as originally filed.
  2. Check the box to amend and check the year (and any state amended box as well).
  3. Make the changes.
  4. File by mail.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I could be wrong, but I *THINK* for a 1120-S all you do is prepare the return as it should be and check the amended box.

If it was a 1040, then this is what you do, but I don't think this applies to a 1120-S:

1. Prepare the return exactly as originally filed.
  2. Check the box to amend and check the year (and any state amended box as well).
  3. Make the changes.
  4. File by mail.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Prepare the return correctly, mark the Amended box on it and send it in.....if YOU didnt Efile the original, I dont think you can Efile the amended...but maybe business returns are different.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Y-Sure
Level 1

That is exactly what I needed to do.  Thank you all for your input.

0 Cheers