Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alimony Paid

doher577
Level 1

How do i get Alimony to populate Schedule 1 Line 18.  I use the smart sheet, but it does not make it's way to line 18?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
abctax55
Level 15

When was the divorce finalized?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

Good advice there ABC tax.. By the way is that beautiful dog in your picture a German Shepherd, some of them are all black.. Or is it a lab? Beautiful dog.

abctax55
Level 15

She's a rescue, from a Lab Rescue organization that made us complete an 8 page application :-).

My husband's Christmas gift (because we spend way too much money of the dog) was a DNA test.

Turns out she's 50% German Shepard (?), 17 % German Short Hair Pointer, 16% Springer Spaniel and ONLY 17% LAB.  She looks like she's a poorly bred black lab crossed with a greyhound because of her extremely long legs.

We love her so much it's scary at times.

Thanks for noticing..  I think she is absolutely gorgeous.

You are obviously a dog lover?

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

I can see the German Shepherd in your dog. I have a beautiful girl German Shepherd.. they are the best dogs, highly intelligent, loyal, protective, etc. Maybe I will try to find a picture of her to upload it onto my username profile.

abctax55
Level 15

Yes, please - I'd love to see her.

I've never been around German Shepherds so I don't their traits/personalities at all.   Her tail, and her gait (that slinky dropped back end at times) are German Shepherd tho.  And she is VERY vocal - is that a G.S trait?

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

Most definitely they are very vocal. To tell you the truth sometimes I think that my German Shepherd is trying to talk. I am not bragging but she does things that dogs do on television that were trained to do, and she does it naturally. Sometimes it is scary how intelligent and human-like she is. I will upload a picture tomorrow hopefully onto my username.

abctax55
Level 15

Yep... "talking" as in carrying on a conversation.  MY wish is to learn to speak "dog" before I die 🤣

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe they can replace their "tax talk" section with "dog talk".  It's been a long day and I would much rather talk dogs than taxes today.  Dogs are good people.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

My daughter has a black GS - adopted from shelter. A wonderful dog.  I swear he can say "I love you". 

Grigor
Level 2

I have a client located in MA.  He received 183K alimony (and he is making over 170K in W2).  I have entered 183K alimony received in Schedule 1 (Part 1 - A) under taxpayer and date of divorce was 01/01/2021.  However, it does not display any information on line 2a and it does not consider it as an Income?

Please help!

Thank you

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Try changing the "divorce date" by a couple of years & see what happens.

Alimony (deductible OR includable in income) rules changed several years ago....so 1.1.2021 falls under the new rules.

( Generic Comment )"
rcooley25
Level 11

Who let the dogs out?

Grigor
Level 2

Yes, when I go back to 2018, it does bring the Alimony figures, but anything after that it shows 0.

This is Federal, however, the state is taking the figure and calculating taxes based on that.

Thank you so much for the reply

0 Cheers