Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after updating today Pro Series 2020 Professional disappeared

flashfleming
Level 2

I updated this morning, got an infected file message from virus protector software, so I quarantined the file.  Now I no longer have the Pro Series 2020 program to start up.  The shortcut is gone.  I can open the file from listing of programs, Pro Series 2020 -  Tools, Connected customer.

I want to get the program back, so I can create a shortcut on my desktop and have the program available for starting.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

It was probably antivirus software being overzealous.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
clr600
Level 8

Download and re install

flashfleming
Level 2

I did reinstall.

Now I can only access program through Tools - Connected customer.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

How in the world could you have received an infected file? I sympathize with you. Good Luck.

sjrcpa
Level 15

It was probably antivirus software being overzealous.

Ex-AllStar
flashfleming
Level 2

It may have been the anti virus program

How do I get the program back?

0 Cheers
clr600
Level 8

Download from your account and re install turn off antivirus before installation and turn back on after.

0 Cheers
Josey1
Level 1

Were you able to retrieve the client files?

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I've seen this happen with AVG; probably others.  Usually going into their Admin Panel and either Allowing Exemptions or Removing Protection works.

Below is a screenshot of what one customer who had AVG and the exact symptom you did had to do..

2021-02-17_07-51-00.png

0 Cheers