Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Loans

Alfredo1967
Level 3

Does anyone know why the Pre-Acknowledgement Advance loans are not available with ProSeries? There is an option for a Refund Advance but when I try to file one, Proseries tells me that the electronic filing season starts February 12, 2020.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Proseries tells me that the electronic filing season starts February 12, 2020"

That's an interesting coincidence because the IRS tells me that's when it starts too.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Oh, that's interesting.  Coincidentally, I heard that Intuit will be happy to "securely store and forward to the IRS" returns that preparers may submit from Jan 28, ahead of Feb 12.

How very thoughtful!  But I think I'd rather securely store these returns myself and not be the guinea pig trail blazer for the first batch of e-filing.

Oh, did you also hear that there'll be no advance refund while these returns are secured stored until they actually get processed?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Alfredo1967
Level 3

But other software like Crosslink are submitting for Advance loans thru TPG.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Is Crosslink the only one?  Don't see how they can do that when the IRS' MeF is still shut down.  Would be interesting to find out how that is even possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Alfredo1967
Level 3

I though that and Advance loan would be able to be transmitted before the tax season began. Then why would they call it Advance tax loan?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because they get their money a little bit sooner than they would waiting for the IRS to send them their refund.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

If your eyesight is better than mine, you can read the fine prints.  I find it good enough just reading the explanation in regular fonts.  The IRS has to first accept the return.

Why would they call it Advance tax loan?  Because it's a loan that's advanced ahead of the IRS actually processing the refund?

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/223622007-How-Does-Fast-Cash-Advance-Work-

Still an AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I can't imagine any company giving an "advance" on the tax refund would do it until you actually e-file the return.

While some companies have been accepting returns for a couple of weeks, ProSeries doesn't start accepting them until January 28th.

Whether or not Intuit and the associated third-party loan sharks will allow the loans when e-filed starting on the 28th, or if they require you to wait until the IRS accepts the return on February 12th, I don't know.

sjrcpa
Level 15

@Alfredo1967 that's Feb 12, 2021

Ex-AllStar
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @Alfredo1967 , Pre-Acknowledgement Advance loans are not available with ProSeries. The Refund Advance program that's available is "known as a Post-Ack offering" - from https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/register-or-activate-services/help/how-do-i-enroll-in-pay-by... under the section "New for 2020..."

0 Cheers