Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

address is incorrect on 1040-V on 2019 Proseries

uhtaxmba
Level 3

The address on the 1040-V on the 2019 Proseries  software shows PO Box 1300 for Charlotte, NC.  The IRS website shows PO Box 1214.  Client sent certified to the PO Box 1300 and got the envelope back, unopened.  Proseries needs to correct this error.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Hmmm, Im surprised nobody noticed this back during the 2019 filing season.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mdtao31
Level 7

i have sent to both addresses, both were received

regards, Larry

George4Tacks
Level 15

@Orlando seems to be up on this type of thing. I found the 1040V instructions https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf say 1214, as does https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals-filing-form-1... 

I know sometimes software developers are given a secret PO Box to use. Maybe this is the case and the only reason for the return is that no one was there to sign for the certified mail. 

I would put the envelope in another envelope and send it to the "correct" PO Box now with a note as to what happened. We all know IRS is a very caring agency that will do the right thing, especially in this time of PANDEMIC.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
clr600
Level 8

Mine shows Box 1214 are you looking at the 1040V or the 1040ES

uhtaxmba
Level 3

My mistake.  It was the ES.  They sent it certified to the PO Box on the ES form and it came back.  I am having them send to the PO Box 1214 priority.  They are mailing an ES payment.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had a client's payment to our state sales tax office returned like that.  It was addressed correctly, but the post office returned it as Undeliverable.  I think the post office gets lazy sometimes.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

I fell sorry for anyone who uses certified mail to send ES payments.  They fall somewhere on the spectrum between paranoid and pathetic.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Paying online at IRS direct Pay is quicker and gives a confirmation.

Ex-AllStar
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the tag. I've routed it to the team that handles individual content so that they can address. 

If you're wondering, the work of a whole bunch of different teams goes into what you see with ProSeries. General speaking, anything specific to taxes - calculations, addresses, forms, etc - are other teams.. so I can route, but can't speak to the issues or resolution. So sometimes I might be able to give a satisfactory answer - like it's a bug and we're fixing it (because it's in the area I manage). Other times the best I'll be able to do is to pass the issue along.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

It happens. Thank you for confirming we're good on this front.

0 Cheers