Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledment Delays

Jeff R8201
Level 1

Is anyone else experiencing efile transmission/acknowledgment delays? I have a handful of returns I efiled 3 days ago The Fed returns seem to be stuck on the status of "Sent to IRS" and the State returns report "Received by Intuit". I have never seen delays this long before. My internet is fine and the program connects and goes through the normal motions of checking acknowledgments.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
Coop65
Level 2

Yes I am also having the same problems with returns that I  have filed . The only difference is that yesterday (Mar 27) I filed a return and it went through the normal process of being received and accept perfectly. The returns that are not being received were approximately 3 days ago 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Mine have been in normal expected time period - couple of hours max.

PATAX
Level 15

All federal and state returns that I have completed acknowledgements have come back as usual, no problems...

0 Cheers
Jeff R8201
Level 1

I think I may have figured it out. All of the delayed returns on my end have payment direct debit dates AFTER April 15th. Although they updated the process of the new deadline date on our end, maybe they didn't on theirs. Are you delayed returns the same? I too filed some since that went thru the normal process.

PATAX
Level 15

I give them the payment voucher if they owe, so you are probably right...

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Thanks for the detective work @Jeff R8201 I filed a bunch yesterday, and 2 kept being in the 'sent to IRS' status. Filed about 8 more before i left last night...and they all got accepted overnight,  but the 2 were still in limbo.  AND both had the EFT of 5/17.  Thanks for pulling me back off the ledge with that solution.  Now we just cross our fingers.

@Just-Lisa-Now-  can you hit up the powers that be at Intuit..and see if they are aware..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dbrauer1
Level 1

I too am experiencing delays on the 5/17 debit date. All my returns that have a refund are being accepted almost immediately.

mdtao31
Level 7

i have the same situation with 1 return i filed friday

regards, Larry

stay safe

mdtao31
Level 7

hi Jeff,i think you are right about taxes being in limbo

the one return that has not been accepted

has a debit date of 05/17/2021

regards Larry

stay safe

0 Cheers
dgw
Level 1

It seems that although the IRS extended the date for filing and payment that the fix that Intuit gave us isn't acknowledging that fact. Has anyone filed a return with a 5-17-2021 debit date and had it accepted?  Is Intuit going to offer an update to Pro Series or are we just stuck in this mode.  I have a lot more returns that need to be filed but if they get caught in limbo with this 5/17 date it's as real mess.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Why would you think that returns not being acknowledged by the IRS is an Intuit Issue - They have no more control over the IRS after your return is transmitted than you do.

dgw
Level 1

I think it's an intuit problem because it also sticks the state return as "RECEIVED BY INTUIT". 

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

YES, but they have control over the thousands i pay them

you think they could check with the irs and keep us updated

regards,Larry

stay safe

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

my May 17 bank debit returns, just got accepted.  Crisis averted!!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.