Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accountant's Trial Balance software link to ProSeries 2020 business tax returns is NOT currently working.

Bob F
Level 3

Accountant's Trial Balance (ATB) software link into ProSeries 2020 business tax returns is NOT currently working.  This feature allows for business trial balances to be seamlessly imported into business tax returns.  It saves me an amazing amount of time, since the links carry forward every year.

Does Intuit know about this flaw and when it will be fixed?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just confirmed - there was a known issue that was recently fixed. It will go out with our December Release (~ 12/16).

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Flaw?  I think ATB was discontinued around 1967 or 68, so they probably figured nobody was using the software any longer and just gave up on spending programming time dealing with it.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I remember that software, too.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, we have still been using it, but I have never used it to import into the tax software.  It was a good software and for some reason we have been able to make it work all of these years.  However, it has been very quirky and you never can tell when it is going to shutdown on you or try to scramble things a little.  Now that I think of it, the old antiquated software works a lot like ProSeries has for the last few years. 😜

Slava Ukraini!
Bob F
Level 3

Steve Blundell created ATB for the AICPA many years ago.  Up until his death about three years ago, he worked for the Pro Series Tax Group.  This same issue happened about four years ago, and I talked with someone at PS who said he was sitting right beside Blundell and that it would be fixed with an upcoming release back at that time.  He also said that they had several requests for the fix from others besides me. 

ATB is a wonderful trial balance program, and works so well I cannot believe that Intuit doesn't resurrect it.  What trial balance software are others using?  Does it link directly into PS with the links carrying forward every year?

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for reporting this issue, and I'm sorry you've run into it.

I don't see any known issues in our bug tracking system, but let me follow up tomorrow with QA directly. If this is truly not a known issue we'll follow up for details.

[It is still supported, even though usage is pretty minimal]

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just confirmed - there was a known issue that was recently fixed. It will go out with our December Release (~ 12/16).

Peteypete
Level 1

God bless Steve B. Does anyone have a copy of ATB lying around? Is it available anymore? Tnx.

QuickRick
Level 3

ATB is straight-forward and easy to use. It is a wonderful tool for clients who don't use QB, but still live in the spreadsheet world. ATB allows for import itself and allows for adjustments to be made without the limitations of QB. Straight-forward linking to tax return lines. Refresh tax return with updated data with a few keystrokes while the return is open, or automatically each time the return is opened. Don't know why, with Steve at Intuit, that they didn't arrange to incorporate something that simple into PS. AICPA probably had the rights to ATB. But PS still allows linking to generic FoxPro dbf files...if there's any documentation on that, I'd love to see it.

Bob F
Level 3

Please continue allowing for ATB software in 2022, and beyond, to directly link with ProSeries.  We are still using ATB, and have no intentions of ever not using ATB.  It is such a wonderful product.

QuickRick
Level 3

Agree, Bob. If PS stops supporting ATB, I'm moving to a different product. I've stayed with PS for a lot of years when I would have otherwise left specifically because of their support for ATB trial balances. I've incorporated it into my business client's tax returns and it has been a mainstay for me. Without it, PS doesn't look nearly as attractive as other packages.