Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

990-ez schedule B type of contribution button

gfpstaxes
Level 4

I'm filing a 990ez schedule B and listing contributors. They contributed cash, but I'm showing an error on the Type of contribution. The choices are only person, payroll or noncash, but they were cash contributions. Can anyone explain this to me? It's for a 2018 return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's in the instructions.

"In column (d), check the type of contribution. Check all that apply for the contributor listed. If a cash contribution came directly from a contributor (other than through payroll deduction), check the “Person” box. A cash contribution includes contributions paid by cash, credit card, check, money order, electronic fund or wire transfer, and other charges against funds on deposit at a financial institution.
If an employee’s cash contribution was forwarded by an employer (indirect contribution), check the “Payroll” box. If an employer withholds contributions from employees’ pay and periodically gives them to the organization, report only the employer’s name and address or “N/A,” as applicable, and the total amount given unless you know that a particular employee gave enough to be listed separately.
Check the “Noncash” box in column (d) for any contribution of property other than cash during the tax year, and complete Part II of this schedule."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's in the instructions.

"In column (d), check the type of contribution. Check all that apply for the contributor listed. If a cash contribution came directly from a contributor (other than through payroll deduction), check the “Person” box. A cash contribution includes contributions paid by cash, credit card, check, money order, electronic fund or wire transfer, and other charges against funds on deposit at a financial institution.
If an employee’s cash contribution was forwarded by an employer (indirect contribution), check the “Payroll” box. If an employer withholds contributions from employees’ pay and periodically gives them to the organization, report only the employer’s name and address or “N/A,” as applicable, and the total amount given unless you know that a particular employee gave enough to be listed separately.
Check the “Noncash” box in column (d) for any contribution of property other than cash during the tax year, and complete Part II of this schedule."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
gfpstaxes
Level 4

Thank you - I didn't see the separate instructions for Schedule B until now.

0 Cheers