Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

990 Extension Form 8868--can't get rid of error to e-file

CEP
Level 2

Hello all, I am trying to electronically file the extension form for a non profit.  I keep being unable to do so, as the return will not pass final conversion.  The only error that seems applicable is that Pro Series is saying not to enter phone number for person in charge of books directly on the form 8868.  I have not done that, and I have tried every which way to get this to go through, but can't get rid of that error message.  Any suggestions? 

Thank you!

Claire

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are sure the extension looks correct, try e-filing by disabling the error checking feature when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are sure the extension looks correct, try e-filing by disabling the error checking feature when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
CEP
Level 2

thank you so much; I think that worked!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
socaltax
Level 1

I tried the "no error checking", but that didn't work for me.  But what finally did work was to put in an entry into the "number of employees reported on Form W-3" box 2a on Form 990, Page 5, Part V.  Once I put a number here and e-filed the extension, it worked perfectly.

cmatas
Level 1

I also had to input my number of W-2's on page 5, line3, in order to file the Form 8868 Extension request for a 990. Makes no sense.

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

I'm having the same error when I try to e-file a 990 extension.

0 Cheers