Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915-E

Sailkaptn
Level 1

03/15/21  Four weeks 'till deadline.

Are we still without the abailability of the 8915-E form? I tried the suggestion to fill in the information on the 1099R to the extent it would propgate to the 1040 but it does not. I have clients that are not too happy. Where is this situation and or when is it expected to be resolved. I have been told that Turbo Tax has the ability to clculate the spreading of tax over 3 years. In fact, one client went to TT  and already filed. What's up with that?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Jonesey
Level 2

I have ProSeries Basic and have had no problem with the 8915-E since last Wednesday when it was updated.  I check the box on the 1099 indicating Covid disaster withdrawal and everything flows thru fine.  The 8915 gives you the option via checking a box to spread the income over 3 years or not.

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I have the same issue in ProSeries. The 8915 does not appear in the forms in use list. Go to forms and put the 8915 in the search.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

It came in an update about 2/25 or 28. You might try your update function, again.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Sailkaptn
Level 1

Thank you a million times over. My system is set for automatic updates, yet I was blown away at the number of updates that had not been transferred. Over four pages of updates are now in my system including the correct 8915 forms. You are a Saint.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Glad it helped.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I update or check for one daily. I haven't had another return with Covid distributions for 2 weeks so I'm glad the fix was done. Thanks.

0 Cheers