Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8915-E

Jtax LLC
Level 3

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f8915e--2020.pdf

Is this the final version? If so, why doesn't it have the 10% penalty reduction?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
LMH
Level 3

The penalty exception is on Form 5329 - code 12 or L in ProSeries -other.

0 Cheers
Jtax LLC
Level 3

The code "L" in Pro Series Basic is "Loan treated as deemed distribution", is that what we're supposed to label it?  It doesn't have a code 12.  

Also, do you know if we split the tax withheld over 3 years as well?  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

on Form 5329 in the Smart Worksheet below Line 1   - use option L "Other"  

I don't have anything I can point to for this answer but I would think all of the federal withholding is reported in the first year. 

0 Cheers
Jtax LLC
Level 3

Ok, I see what you're saying now, thank you so much for your help.  And that's what I was thinking about the withholding as well because the IRS would have record of the withholding all in 2020.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Jtax LLC You do not split tax withheld over 3 years. Also not official, but I have heard the IRS is  going to update the 5329 to remove corona virus from "other"

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

To clarify for others: "The code "L" in Pro Series Basic is "Loan treated as deemed distribution","

I think you were looking at the 1099-R codes?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers